About Me

My photo
Founded in 1985 with headquarters on the west side of Ann Arbor, Michigan, Katherine's Catering specializes in full service event planning and offers catering for weddings as well as corporate and social functions.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wedding Thoughts from Katherine

"My daughter Amaron happened to be a bridesmaid
in the sweetest wedding I’ve attended lately.
The merging cultures brought a new light to sometimes ho hum wedding traditions. Her friend Katy, who is Colombian, married an American.
Her vows were said in Spanish, his in English.
Magical sounds, as each language co-mingled in the church.
 
The reception was brimming with the joy expressed by her family-
the love of music, family, hospitality and energy were very strong,
and despite the language barrier, I don’t believe I’ve ever been thanked so profusely and opening for attending a wedding- and not really by words,
but with hugs, smiles, and honest to goodness heartfelt hospitality.
 
We were encouraged to drink, dance and enjoy our event to the fullest. We even ended the night with a little treat, a bag of Colombian Coffee labeled "Katy and Eric... The Perfect Blend.
 
Too sweet!"

1 comment:

  1. Nice one! Congratulations on getting married this beautifully. It was wonderful looking at these amazing decorations and arrangements. I am a budding wedding planner and my first project will be my own brother’s wedding. I have even booked one of the beautiful Los Angeles venues and I am all set to make it beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...