About Me

My photo
Founded in 1985 with headquarters on the west side of Ann Arbor, Michigan, Katherine's Catering specializes in full service event planning and offers catering for weddings as well as corporate and social functions.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Intern Bobby's Tips for the Groom

"When I was in the wedding planning process for my own wedding I could never find any resources that gave me ideas or help. As the groom you are rarely given advice on your wedding because this is the “big” day for the bride.
Here is a list of different ideas that I felt would help lost grooms in their wedding planning process. The tips listed below are ones that I tried and they worked for wedding.

 
1. Be Helpful
As your soon-to-be bride becomes more and more stressed you will need to be more assisting than you ever have been before. When I say that you need to be helpful I mean that you need to actually ask your fiancé if she needs help. Also you can be helpful by doing tasks that are not asked of you by your fiancé, like cleaning and preparing a surprise dinner after she gets home from work. Wedding planners are also a great help!

 
2. Be Involved
By being involved with the process you will be able to make the day more feel like it is your “big” day as well. You need to have an opinion. If you do not like something you need to mention it so you feel more are part of the wedding.  If you attend something as simple as the food tasting you can show your fiancé that you are being more helpful.


3. Be Sentimental
There is one thing that is true of most women if not all women, they love when you are sentimental.  On the day of the wedding you could give your soon-to-be wife a small gift with a hand written note. Also writing your own vows is very impressive and shows you actually care. My wife and I did our own vows, which you do not have to do, but the moment made us feel more connected because we were looking into each other’s eyes as we said our vows.
 

4. Enjoy the Time
When you enjoy the process you will get more out of the actual wedding when the day arrives. Being helpful and involved will make you appreciate the food or cake because you made it a point to show your involvement in the wedding day process.  What I felt was that when the day arrived I wanted to let loose and enjoy the wedding and enjoy being with my new bride!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...